The Benefits of Commercial Flat Roofing Systems: Insights from a Logan Square Flat Roofing CompanyExpert Super Seal Roofing & Tuckpointing
It is unfortunate that many Logan Square businesses focus intensely on their commercial building’s interior design, but often forget about their roofs. This means that when it comes to determining what type of roofing system to install, they do not know what their options are, and they struggle to determine which roofing system to choose.
What About Logan Square Flat Roofs?
Flat roofs are the most common types of roofs for commercial buildings — and for good reasons.
Here are the top five reasons why you should consider a flat roof for your Logan Square building:
- Perhaps the most significant advantage of having a flat roofing system is the accessibility it offers. Compared to other commercial roofing options, flat roofing is more accessible because it does not have a steep slope. This also means that there is a significantly lower risk of slip and fall injuries on a flat roof as compared to a slanted or sloping roof.
- Some businesses in the Chicago metropolitan area also prefer flat roofs because they give employees a place to go on their break when the weather is nice outside — especially if there is not much open space around the building.
- While the name of the roof has “flat” in it, a flat roofing system is not 100% flat. Flat roofs have a very slight, virtually unnoticeable slope that assists in draining water off the roof that accumulates during the heavy rainfalls or snows that often take place in Chicago. This helps to prevent leakage issues within your building.
- Another significant benefit is that a flat roofing system saves space within the commercial building. With sloping roofs, wooden beams are used to form the shape of the roof, and it creates dead space that can have limited use. On the other hand, there is minimal wasted space with a flat roof, which helps you maximize the total space within your building.
- Flat commercial roofs are relatively affordable. These roofing systems have a lower surface area than slanting roofs, which means that fewer raw materials are required to build the roof. Flat roofs are also less physically demanding to work with and can be installed fairly quickly. These two factors can significantly lower the cost of a commercial flat roof installation.
How to Make the Most of Your Logan Square Flat Roofing System?
Choosing the right roofing system for your commercial building in Logan Square, Chicago is essential. Just as crucial, though, is regular maintenance, as it helps preserve the roof’s structure and quality.
A professionally installed and effectively functioning flat roofing system can benefit your business’s operations, and it can even reduce your operational costs. Therefore, it’s important that you have a maintenance program in place to ensure that your roofing system remains in good shape. This maintenance program should include debris removal, damage inspection, and gutter and downspout cleaning. More importantly, damage inspections should consist of the roof and flashing, and repairs and upgrades should be made as recommended.
Ultimately, it’s best to partner with a qualified Logan Square roofing company to ensure that your flat roof functions efficiently for years to come.
Looking for Professional Commercial Roofing Company in Logan Square, Chicago?
Whether you are looking for installation, maintenance, or repair services for your flat roof in Logan Square, Chicago, you can trust the team at Expert Super Seal Roofing & Tuckpointing. For nearly 50 years, we have been providing businesses across Chicago and Logan Square with high-quality commercial roofing solutions.
Contact us at (773) 993-5668 to request a free estimate today!