Roofs are vital to all types of structures — whether it be for industrial, commercial, or residential use. If you live in Roscoe Village, Chicago, this is no exception. As a homeowner, you are responsible for maintaining many different areas of the home. However, when it comes to matters related to the roof, professional assistance is often necessary. Are you wondering whether it’s time for a professional roof replacement in Roscoe Village, Chicago? Here is everything you’ll need to know:
When to Get a Roof Replacement?
Installing a new roof is no simple decision. The question is: how do you know when it’s time to replace your old roof? Roofs are generally built to last a long time, but over time, they can get worn down by external elements and harsh weather conditions. While it is hard to pinpoint the exact time that you will need a roof replacement in Roscoe Village, Chicago, you can look out for these warning signs:
- Growth of algae, moss, mold, or mildew
- Cracked or missing shingles
- Leaking or sagging roof
- Old roof (at least 20 years old)
- Sunlight peeking into attic
- Neighbors all replacing their roofs
If any of the conditions or signs above apply to your roof, it may be time for a replacement. In some cases, it may be possible to remedy the issue with repairs. The best way to know this will be to call a professional who can inspect your roof and determine the best course of action.
How Much is a Roof Replacement?
A roof replacement is a time-consuming and tedious task, so it is best left to professional contractors in Roscoe Village, Chicago. As with any other service, costs will vary based on many factors. These include:
- Roofing Type. What type of roofing do you want for your home in Roscoe Village, Chicago? Asphalt shingles are a common choice for most traditional homes, but you can also opt for metal or slate roofs, wood shingles, and others. Keep in mind, non-conventional flat roofs are sometimes used in residential homes as well.
- Size. The size of your home will also affect costs. Naturally, the larger your home is, the bigger the project will be, resulting in higher costs to replace your roof.
- Labor Quality. A company’s reputation, experience, and skill may play a factor in price. In some cases, homeowners might try to avoid high costs by getting cheaper labor, but this might lead to more expenses in the long run. Ultimately, you want to make sure your roof serves its purpose for a long time, or the investment will not be worth it.
- Material Quality. Like labor, the quality of the materials used will also have cost implications. Given how important a roof is in any home in Roscoe Village, Chicago, it is best to opt for high-quality materials, even though they might be more expensive. Using low-quality materials might result in more repairs or even cause issues in your home’s structural integrity.
Reputable roofing companies should be able to give you a rough estimate of how much the replacement will cost even before you hire them. Make sure to do research and read through reviews and testimonials before committing to any contractor.
Is it Time for a Roof Replacement? Contact the Premier Roofing and Tuckpointing Company in Roscoe Village, Chicago
Is your home due for a roof replacement? If so, and if you’re looking for the premier roof replacement company in Roscoe Village, Chicago, we’re the professionals to call. Expert Super Seal Roofing & Tuckpointing offers high-quality roofing services for both residential and commercial customers. If you need to have your roof inspected to see if a replacement is necessary, our team will be happy to assist you. With over 45 years of experience in the roofing industry, you can rest assured that our specialists will get the job done right.
Contact us today at (773) 993-5668 to request a free quote.